Sunday, April 20, 2008

finding a place to write

Paradise...I wish I could write here every day.

Not that I'm complaining. I have a great view of the mountains out my living room window.

But, the living room doesn't work as an office in a house with four kids, a dog, and a husband. When I decided a couple weeks ago to start up my freelance biz again, I brought the folding table up from the basement. The laptop and a second printer sit on it, just below a perfect view of the mountains.

Now that piles of files and books and loose sheets of paper are growing around the table, my family is letting me know it is time to haul my stuff back down to the basement office.

*sigh*

Basements. No view. Persistant chill. Funny smells left over from previous owner's cats.

On the other hand, I'll have plenty of space to spread out and a lot of peace and quiet. I guess that's more than lots of freelance writers have. Plus, I can always bring the laptop back up to the room with a view whenever the kids are out of the house.

Where do you write?

Cheers,
Heidi

1 comment:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am looking forward to perusing your site in the next day or two since you seem to have as a freelance writer...my dream job!

**Where do I write?**

In my room, outside in my backyard, in my family room and in this messy, messy office.

Blessings, Joanne